These Cauliflower BQ Wing Bites are lip-smacking delicious! A terrific game day dish, or anytime for that matter. We even eat them as a main dish.
Every year, my husband and his friends make their annual request for these Wing Bites for game day. They say they just want to make sure I remember. This is the 3rd year in a roll, so I think they have me trained now.
These are so good! Even my sister, that normally does not eat cauliflower, likes them. That’s saying a lot!
A few years ago someone posted the recipe on a forum I follow, so I made a couple of modifications and tried them. OMGosh! Wonderfulness!
These are phenomenal! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup whole grain flour.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion power
- 1 tsp. salt
- pinch of cayenne for slight kick
- bread crumbs (I used Kellogg’s Bread Crumbs)
- your favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. This makes clean up much easier.
- Combine flour, non-dairy milk, and spices in bowl, and whisk together.
- Coat each cauliflower bite in the batter. I simply put a handful of them in the bowl at one time, and rolled them around until coated.
- Pour the dry bread crumbs in a gallon sized storage bag. As you batter each cauliflower bite in the bowl of batter, then toss them into the bag of bread crumbs and shake to coat evenly. I did this in batches.
- Place battered and breaded cauliflower bites on baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until brown and crispy. You’ll be surprised how crunchy these get.
- Place barbecue sauce in bowl. Remove cauliflower bites from oven. Dip each piece into barbecue sauce. I used tongs to roll the hot bites around in the sauce. Then re-bake for another 20 minutes, until dried out.
Recipe adapted from Potato Strong. Will is a genius!
Other Great Appetizer & Side Dish Recipes:
- 15 Easy Plant-Based Snack & Appetizer Ideas
- Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Loaded Potato Skin Bites
- Collard Green Veggie Wraps with Creamy Peanut Sauce
Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links. When you buy something through my links, I receive a commission that helps support this site which is greatly appreciated.
You May Also Enjoy This Recipe: